M.C. Janitorial Systems has received an increased number of requests for additional cleaning services like more frequent disinfection of high traffic areas in the buildings we clean.
As the number of COVID-19 case increases across Toronto, some buildings are taking simple steps based on evidence and best practices to reduce the spread of the virus.
Please note that the following recommendations are not 100% effective to eliminate the occurrence of COVID-19. Please refer to Health Canada’s recommendations to eliminate or severely reduce the spread of this disease.
M.C. Janitorial Systems: Additional COVID-19 Cleaning Services Offered
We are offering more frequent disinfecting and cleaning services to our current clients at this time. Please note that there is an additional fee for this service as we have to pay our staff for the time spent on-site. For a quote please call us at 905-889-4224 or email us at email@example.com.
- Disinfect lobby door handles and elevator buttons several times a day (fee associated with day porter service)
- All switches, door assist buttons to be disinfected.
- Provide cleaning on all surfaces including phones on desks, computer screens and keyboards
- All chair armrests to be disinfected
- For office buildings that only have evening staff, we can provide a day porter to help disinfect surfaces throughout the day
- Provide disinfectant measures while the building is closed day one day a week or on the weekend
Condo Building Staff: Cleaning Recommendations
If your staff is able to take on additional cleaning and disinfecting tasks the following measures can help minimize germs throughout the day.
- Disinfect shared workspaces like doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks) with household cleaners and EPA-registered disinfectants that are appropriate for the surface, following label instructions
- Distribute cleaning supplies and tools to workers to use themselves like hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes
- Ensure you have a minimum of two months of essential cleaning supplies on hand and re-stock them monthly
- Post handwashing signage in common washrooms and mixed-use amenities
Condo Building Tenants: Cleaning Recommendations for Occupants
The following recommendations are taken from the CDC’s advice on how residents can clean and disinfect their homes. These tips can help your tenants clean their homes effectively to kill germs.
- Wear disposable gloves when cleaning and disinfecting surfaces. Gloves should be discarded after each cleaning. If reusable gloves are used, those gloves should be dedicated for cleaning and disinfection of surfaces for COVID-19 and should not be used for other purposes. Consult the manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning and disinfection products used. Clean your hands immediately after gloves are removed.
- If surfaces are dirty, they should be cleaned using a detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
For disinfection, diluted household bleach solutions, alcohol solutions with at least 70% alcohol, and most common EPA-registered household disinfectants should be effective.
- Diluted household bleach solutions can be used if appropriate for the surface. Follow manufacturer’s instructions for application and proper ventilation. Check to ensure the product is not past its expiration date. Never mix household bleach with ammonia or any other cleanser. Unexpired household bleach will be effective against coronaviruses when properly diluted.
- Prepare a bleach solution by mixing:
5 tablespoons (1/3rd cup) bleach per gallon of water or
4 teaspoons bleach per quart of water
- Prepare a bleach solution by mixing:
- Products with EPA-approved emerging viral pathogens claims are expected to be effective against COVID-19 based on data for harder to kill viruses. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for all cleaning and disinfection products (e.g., concentration, application method and contact time, etc.).
- For soft (porous) surfaces such as carpeted floor, rugs, and drapes, remove visible contamination if present and clean with appropriate cleaners indicated for use on these surfaces.
- Launder items as appropriate in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. If possible, launder items using the warmest appropriate water setting for the items and dry items completely, or
Use products with the EPA-approved emerging viral pathogens claims (examples at this link)
Contact M.C. Janitorial Systems to discuss what types of cleaning should be included in your building’s cleaning schedule. Please stay safe during this time!